Thursday, June 4, 2015

Honey, I'm home!

And just like that – I’ve become negligent to my blog once again! I’ve been thinking about getting back on here for weeks now, and tonight… I finally will do it! So much has changed since I last updated you.

We finally got settled in to our new house. We are loving our new neighborhood and being so close to all of the amenities (Target!) again. I’m also loving the extra space we have now.

A little Step Brothers humor 

March rolled around and my husband and I were both laid off from our jobs. We had both worked for the same company for several years. (7 years for me, 8 for him) Due to the falling oil prices, the entire industry was hit pretty hard. Fortunately, this has been a blessing in disguise for us both. We have been able to enjoy some time together without being exhausted from work as well as complete a few projects at home. Another plus, I have had the time to enroll in a few college courses. But like all things, the fun has to end. Matt has landed a job and I am still actively looking.

Then in April, my mom decided to sell our lifelong home and move to the lake. She recently made the move two weeks ago (with her boyfriend/fiancé). That has definitely been a big change. Not only does she have another man in her life, but the house that was just 2 miles from me, is no longer “ours” and now she lives an hour away. The whole situation has been a BIG transition that I’m not fully able to accept at this point. Hopefully, with time it will sting a little less and we can all enjoy a little boat/lake time as a family.

Lastly, I decided to start the Arbonne 28 day detox. I have given up dairy, gluten and sugar so far. Today is day 4 and I actually feel great. It’s a little too early to give a true update on the detox – but I haven’t had this much energy or just an overall GOOD feeling in a while. I’m working toward losing 30lbs before going back to the doctor for another medicated cycle. I’m doing my best to use this plan as a guide to changing my diet going forward.

There's just a little snip it of the 'Days of Chelsea' lately. I'm looking forward to enjoy the upcoming summer and the 4th of July holiday with family and friends! 



No comments:

Post a Comment