Thursday, July 3, 2014

Beauty Tag




I have been watching a lot of youtube videos from beauty vloggers (a blog, but video form) for quite some time. When I’m tired of listening to music at work, I’ll put one on and it gives me something to listen to while working. What can I say? It’s a guilty pleasure. One of my favorites is Anna Saccone. She also has a daily YT vlog where she shares about her family and their daily lives. Check out her blog here, where she shares her fashion taste, recipes, and beauty tips!

Yesterday she posted the below beauty tag and I thought it would be fun to share on my blog! Join in the fun if you have time!


1. You have to get rid of all your foundations and you can only keep one high end and one drugstore, which do you keep?

High end: I would choose Bare Minerals Original Foundation.

Low end: What I’m currently using, Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse.  

2. You go for an interview and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely?

I would like to be honest and tell her, but I just couldn't do it. After all, you are there for a job and the interviewer could either be really nice about it, or get extremely mad at you. I would just play it safe, and keep quiet. ;-)


3. You’re not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which lipstick do you put on to make yourself feel beautiful?

I would likely go with any bright shade of lipstick topped with a coat of Lancôme Juicy Tube gloss in the shade: Touched by light. It takes me back to my high school days when I had not a care in the world. (but shiny lips!)
It happens.


4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years, how would you do your hair and makeup differently?

Taking it back to the good ol’ 7th grade when I was wearing Abercrombie “wind breaker style” pants and hoodies/t-shirts….during that awkward stage…I would tell myself to WEAR YOUR HAIR DOWN. I would wear my hair in a ponytail/bun nearly every day and I would get these fuzzy fly away hairs all around my ears. The pictures are awful. Make up? I think I was a minimalist with a little gloss and powder. I probably should have worked on that a bit, too. Maybe my hair wouldn’t have looked so bad if my face was painted! J


5. You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length Pixie Lott haircut, but they hear wrong and give you a pixi cut. Do you a) Smile, say thank you, leave and call your mum hysterical b) Cry in the chair and things get awkward or c) Complain to the manager and demand a refund.

I’ve never gone that short, so I would definitely be stunned! I’m sure I would be the one in the chair bawling. I would run to the car and get on the phone with my sister!


6. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day city break and you have 1 hour to pack. Which ‘do it all’ palette do you pack in your makeup bag?

I only have one all-in-one palette and it’s the Black Studio Master Makeup Collection by ELF. I suppose I would grab that one and throw a lip gloss in with it.


7. Your house has been robbed, don’t worry everyone is safe, but your beauty stash has been raided. What’s the product you really hope is safe?

My whole make up bag. I keep all of my daily products in one bag, so they better not have taken that/or anything in it.


8. Your friend borrows your makeup and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) Just pretend you haven’t noticed b) Ask them to repurchase it or c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs

Years ago I would have just pretended everything was okay. Now – I think I would ask them what happened to the product(s). I may even ask them to replace it if it wasn’t useable.



 


We will be having a fun day of grilling, swimming and fireworks at my Mom’s house. (First Holiday celebration at my parent’s house without my Dad.) My husband, uncle and brother in law will be stepping in and helping with the manly things to keep the celebration going! Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment