Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Switching things UP

Yesterday I celebrated my birthday, then as a gift to myself, I FIRED MY DOCTOR.
 Never did I see this coming! I loved my doctor, nurses and staff. They have ALL been extremely friendly to me and my husband since day one.
Now, let’s get down to the Nitty Gritty!
On August 13th my husband and I had a meeting with the doctor to discuss our options to conceive since the simple oral medication had not worked. We agreed that I would take two months of birth control and with the second month AF, I would call and let them know “SHE” was here. Fast forward to October 8th, SHE was here. I made the phone call and was told I would be getting a call back that day. That day ended – and no phone call. That was a Tuesday. I continued to call on Wednesday and Thursday – same story . . . no returned phone call. Friday I had given up and asked my husband to call. Same story, except this time, they guaranteed I would be called back by the end of business day. = NO CALL. This is the second incident that they have totally ignored my phone calls.
Yesterday, the 14th, I had the day off work so I thought I would give it yet another try! I was on Cycle Day 7. The nurse picked up the phone and asked me to HOLD, so I did. Then the receptionist came on the phone and told me she was the ONLY one in the office for the day – everyone else was out of town. (I don't know if that is true!?) I asked her why I was never called back and for the first time ever she was extremely rude! She said she was sorry and told me the answer to the question I had a week ago. They were going to have me come in in two weeks for the initial ‘baseline’ ultrasound. No – No…This was not the plan and by this point I had already ran out of all of the medication I was on, including the BCPs. By this point I should have already started on my injections and had the ultrasound!
After being with this clinic for almost two years, we are finally to the point where we can use injections and they wanted to put me off for another month.
In our meeting with the Dr in August, he said that he would give us 3 chances to try with injections then he would insist we use IVF. My husband and I agreed that we would not jump in to IVF so quickly and we let him know. My feelings tell me that his ‘baby’ is IVF and he really doesn’t want to help other patients unless they are going straight for that. He is good at what he does, as far as IVF goes, but it is heart breaking that he has led me on for so long, took so much of my money and is not willing to stick to his plans. As soon as this issue came up, I felt an immediate resistance from him and the office staff.
Although I was extremely upset this was happening, after becoming so comfortable with the staff – I was able to find a new doctor right away. I have requested my file for pick up, and will be having my first appointment with a new Dr on October 28th.
I still can’t believe we are switching doctors. I’m not one for firing and hiring doctors – or as some would say – a doctor jumper. But I just can’t stand to be ignored when medications and doctor visits are time sensitive!!!
I just needed to get this off of my chest. I apologize for the annoying post!

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel the need to apologize for posting your feelings! That's what your blog is for. This is a very hard process, and it's much harder when things are not going as you had hoped...or as they should! I'm sorry you had to go through this with them. You know we are in the same boat, and I hate that either of us are dealing with this. If it hadn't been for them still having my hubby's boys, we would be moving with you. I hope you're more at peace with your decision. I can't wait to hear the details of the new journey. Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura! Yes, Finally at peace with my decision. I hate that we are both dealing with this, also. I'll be thinking about you and my fingers are crossed that they have great communication with you during your next cycle! It can only get better from here! You have a good reason to stick with them - you've got to protect those boys! Hang in there, girl.

    ReplyDelete